This decade is witnessing a rapid growth in an Automobile industry, which demands for specialists in this field. This demand can be met by well qualified engineers with good knowledge of design, development, manufacturing and maintenance of eco-friendly vehicles, alternative energy sources and modern transportation systems.
With a mission to create techno excellent engineers, the department is established in 1984 with intake capacity of 60 students. Automobile engineering department in our institute runs three years Diploma course affiliated to MSBTE, Mumbai. The department has well qualified and dedicated faculty and is known for its high academic standard, well-maintained discipline and complete infrastructure facilities.
The Department has state of the art Automobile Engineering Lab with Car, two wheeler, different types of engines, various cut section working models of Automobile Assemblies. The students have carried out various ambitious projects and won many awards in various projects exhibitions. Department organizes various local and Industrial visits to give maximum exposure to the students.Many Automobile Organizations like Tata Motors, Bajaj Auto, L & T, Mahindra & Mahindra, etc., conduct campus interviews for the final year students in S. E.S Polytechnic, Solapur.
2. Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
4. Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
5. Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
6. Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities
7. Life-long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
2. The students will be able to use relevant machinery, materials, equipment & process to manufacture automobile components.
At SESP, we believe that the faculty plays a fundamental role in the development of the students and our faculty here has a harmonious blend of academic background, and well supported by senior faculty members, along with other well qualified and experienced staff members.The faculty keeps pace with the latest global developments by attending Seminars, Workshops and Value Addition Programs.